Nutella wrapped and warm, flakey bread. Need I say more?
The best part? You only need THREE ingredients!
Yeah, you read that right.
Formally introducing one of my recent favorites, the sinfully delicious and unbelievably easy, photo worthy pastry:
The Nutella Braid
Preheat Oven to 350 / Yields 1 Braided Nutella Ring
- 1 can of crescent dough (The Pillsbury crescent sheets will work best for this recipe)
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Optional: 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- Open crescent can and spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Using an large spoon or spatuala, spread Nutella out evenly. Once spread, you can sprinkle hazelnuts, chocolate chips, sprinkles..whatever your heart desires!
- Roll dough starting at longest end, pinch to seal.
- Slice roll in half from tip to tip
- Twist halves together with insides (Nutella side) facing up. Shape into circle and pinch ends. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 22 minutes and serve warm. Enjoy!