Wonderfully rich, easy & delicious. This pie is a must for your turkey day table!
DID I MENTION THAT I LOVE PIE?
Pie is a staple in my house. My husband is southern through and through, and I’m tellin’ ya: pie is the way into a man’s heart! (Or your own, if you’re anything like me: love pie but don’t like to share…)
Without further delay, here’s my recipe for Southern Pecan Pie:
Southern Pecan Pie
Preheat oven to 350
- 1 unbaked pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
- 1 1/2 cups of pecan halves
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I used Vanilla infused with bourbon)
- pinch of salt
PSSST… you can add 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips for a chocolate pecan pie
- Prepare pie crust in pie plate, set aside
- Blend eggs and butter with a hand mixer
- Mix in sugar, salt, corn syrup & vanilla
- Fold in pecans (& chocolate chips if you’re feeling fancy!)
- Pour into pie shell
- For a golden brown crust, brush a whisked egg yolk on outer crust
- Pop into the oven and bake for 50-55 mins
Here’s the pie in two different finishes. Below is a whipping cream finish…
And here you can see whipping cream vs egg yolk finsh.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much I do!
Until next time 😊